Registration for Summer School closes is closed. Please reach out to Dr. Paull at email@example.com with any questions.
Summer school courses are designed to help students develop fundamentals and prerequisite skills for the upcoming school year. Students receive weekly evaluations and a final grade. If a student is taking a course for credit recovery, a passing grade can replace the student’s failing grade from the previous school year.
- Course Guarantee: All course offerings are dependent upon satisfactory student enrollment. Lincoln Prep reserves the right to cancel any course offering due to insufficient enrollment. All enrollees will be given at least one week’s notice and be refunded in full.
- Homework: Homework may be assigned to strengthen student understanding from each class meeting. In order to cover the essential concepts of a year-long course, instructors will clearly communicate student expectations in this area.
- Dress Code: Students must wear their school uniforms to summer school. Summer school is open to all Great Hearts students. Students are required to conform to Lincoln Preparatory Academy standards of behavior and dress code, outlined in the Family Handbook (click this link). Students who attend from other Great Hearts schools may wear the uniform of their school.
- Lockers and Snacks: Students will not have access to lockers during summer school. Students may bring a snack to eat during break time but it should be kept in their bag until that time. Snacks are not provided by the school during the summer; please be sure to send snacks with your child if they need them during the day.
- Pickup & Drop-Off: Students may be dropped off at school at the east entrance (facing Gilbert Rd.) as early as 7:45 a.m. at the East Entrance (please do not go through the Front Office). Students must be picked up no later than 15 minutes after their course ends. If a family needs a student to leave class early, a parent/guardian should notify the Lincoln Prep Summer School Director at least 24 hours ahead. Students will not be released from class without parental notification.
- If your student has a sibling taking a summer school course at Archway Lincoln, your student may be picked up on the Archway side, but Prep students are not allowed to grab their Archway sibling themselves. They will wait outside of Archway for their sibling. Normal Archway dismissal procedures will apply to those younger students.
- Students with Allergies and/or Medications: Please note that you must provide the Summer School Director with any medication (clearly labeled with name and instructions) prior to your child attending the first day of their summer school class. Students will not have access to the front office or health assistant.
- Behavior: Students are expected to behave in a manner consistent with the behavioral expectations of Lincoln as outlined in the Lincoln Prep Family Handbook. Please click the link and review the policy. Students removed from a class or activity for disciplinary reasons will jeopardize their continued enrollment in the program as well as their registration fee(s).
Most courses occur simultaneously so make sure to look at the dates and times before enrolling your student. Students may enroll in both math prep for prep and study skills as these are two-week courses that do not occur at the same time. Please direct questions about summer school to the Summer School Director, Dr. Michelle Paull at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Math Prep for Prep – June 5-15th, M-Th, 10am-12pm, $250: This course is designed to help incoming 6th grade students learn and review some fundamental math skills they will need to be successful in 6th grade math at Lincoln Prep.
- Math Fundamentals – June 5-29, M-Th, 8am-12pm, $425: This course is available to all current 6th and 7th grade students who either need to retake the course, could use a review of this course, or are new to the school. The course covers the main concepts from our 6th and 7th grade math curriculum. Students who are struggling can use this course to deepen their understanding. Students entering 7th or 8th grade can use this course to ensure they are on track and are prepared for the next level of mathematics.
- Algebra I – June 5-29, M-Th, 8am-12pm, $425: This course is available to all rising 10th grade students who either need to retake the course, could use a review of this course, or are new to the school. **An important note for incoming 10th grade students: Because all students enroll in Algebra II, students who have not taken Algebra I or demonstrated success in Algebra I will need to enroll in Algebra I in summer school. We also strongly encourage all students who struggled in Algebra I in 8th grade to enroll in this course.
- Latin I/II – June 5-29, M-Th, 8am-12pm, $425: This course is available to all students entering 7th and 8th grade, especially those new to Great Hearts. This course reviews fundamental 6th and 7th grade Latin skills, including vocabulary and grammar. Students transferring to Lincoln later than 6th grade should take this course.
- Study Skills/Organization – June 19-29, M-Th, 10am-12pm, $250: This course is available to all middle school students but is especially recommended for all incoming 6th grade students and those new to Lincoln Prep to get a head start on their middle school career. This course teaches valuable skills to help students balance their academic lives and increase their preparedness and productivity. It will give students focused practice in the habits of reading for information, note taking, homework & classwork completion, and seminar participation as well as organizational skills.